Puzzle 19 : Water, water everywhere

 I know I have been greatly missed all this time. ;)


Any ways, let us have some more fun with numbers and logic. 


Water, water everywhere

 
This is an interesting puzzle from the website mathisfun.

The cold tap in my bath lets the water in at the rate of 15 litres per minute. The hot tap fills the bath at the rate of 10 liters per minute. The plug hole lets the water out of the bath at the rate of 12 liters per minute.
The bath holds a maximum of 520 liters. I turn both taps on, but forget to put the plug in.
How many minutes does it take for the bath to overflow?


Let me reiterate the statement by the original author here. Don't try this at home. Water is precious.

Find the solution here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puzzle 9 : The 4 coins problem

Puzzle 66 - solution

Puzzle 35 - Open sesame